Lake Apopka Area Gets Federal Road Grant
Tallahassee – The Green Mountain Scenic Byway is one of the projects getting federal money in Florida.
On Wednesday, the US Dept. of Transportation announced an over $681,000 grant to connect the byway to the Lake Apopka North Shore Restoration area. It’s one of the projects getting money from a pot of more than $417 million.
The Green Mountain Scenic Byway is located in east Lake County and west Orange County. The road runs through Ferndale, Montverde, Oakland, and along Lake Apopka at the South Lake and West Orange Trails.
Right now this area is a only open by invitation. The plan is to create several trailheads creating easy access.
Other projects in Florida that got money:
- The I-10 and Marietta Hammond Boulevard Interchange in Duval County
- Designing and constructing the Sarasota County advanced traffic management system
- Removing and relocating the Tamiami Canal Historic Swing Bridge
- Allowing the FL Dept. of Transportation to expand its disadvantaged business enterprise/supportive services program
- Providing construction career day activities for middle and high school students.